Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 23

Woke up this morning with plenty of time to get ready and go to church. But the same can’t be said for the whole team. So we were a little late in getting to church. Normally we’d be arriving at church by 9:30; we got there around 10. So Aubrey didn’t get to do special music, and we came in during the sermon. It was a cool service, from the little that we got to experience. Eric gave a testimony during the “English Zone” part of the service at the end. It was good.

We were supposed to go to Gran Piato, the great Italian restaurant, but we couldn’t find the lady, so we just went back to the University. This may be a record for the shortest amount of time I’ve ever spent in a church on a Sunday. Literally was in and out. After this trip, I also won’t be driving to church anymore. That kind of excites me. Worshipping Jesus without fear of persecution or spending money on gas to get there. It’ll be sweet. I’ll just have to pole vault over the privacy fence that separates my yard from the church yard and leap over giant puddles/snow/rabid gophers and I’ll be there lickity split.

We came back, ate in the café (which was pretty spicy, but tasty). There was only meat and rice that were somewhat appealing to me. Came back, journaled about yesterday, did some emailing, and then Bible reading and took a glorious Sabbathical nap. It was amazing. Woke up when the A/C decided to shut off (it does that a lot) and I was sweating up a storm. Read some in a novel I have here, and then later we went for dinner in the café I think. If I recall, all there were was some dumplings that were really good. Lindsey scored some soy sauce – and that made the meal better.

Eric, Leah, Lindsey, David, Dan, and I headed out with Yoshi (that’s not her real name but I can’t remember what is) to an old Korean village tourist spot thing. And we didn’t know we were going there, or we would have taken cameras. But it was sunset so I don’t know how many good pictures we would have gotten anyway. We made our way into the town and walked around window shopping. Not my favorite activity, but whatever. Stopped at a great restaurant called Asian Spoon. Eric and I had creamy chicken pasta. It was for like 8 dollars – so good. Shopped a little more, Lindsey and I discussed missions, families, and relationships. Took the bus home after Dan & David bought some clothing at a store that reminded me a lot of the Gap.

On the bus ride home, I was thinking about Jesus, and satisfaction in life. Am I completely satisfied in who Jesus is. Moreover, am I so satisfied that I long for nothing else in life because who He is and what He did on the cross is totally enough for me? Something I’m going to be thinking about this week – putting the cross before my eyes and thinking about how Jesus is everything – there’s nothing more I need.

No comments: