Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 26

Today was awesome. And I’m trying to remember why. So hopefully you and I realize by the end of this post.

This morning, I don’t think I wanted to get up – I feel like I feel like that most mornings – like I never get enough rest. Oh, last night I talked to a good buddy of mine and it made me pumped to see some of my friends in the States when I’m back.

Anyway, so got up this morning. Walked into the classroom this morning not really motivated, but got a lot accomplished…11:50 happened on me before I was actually ready for it. Did a fun project about writing a schedule for a lazy day that the kids really enjoyed actually. Got to experience what some teachers do with high stakes testing – had to take a lot of heat because my kids had the lowest scores on their idiom tests – and I really didn’t know what to do with kids who just have no motivation to study. I’m going to have to try harder this week.

Anyway, went to lunch, and after lunch, we worked on their speeches they have to give when their parents come this weekend and I have to teach in front of them for 2 hours – yeah, found out about that today. YAY! That took up all of our grammar time, and probably will for the rest of the week. I’m not too bummed about that haha.

Did the art station, and snuck upstairs to score some grilled cheese sandwiches in breaks, where we lock out the kids and just make them for ourselves, haha. They were SOOOO good. A little bit of American heaven. When the kids were banging on the door to be let it, I frustratedly shouted, “See, that’s what it’s like to be forever separated from God’s glory!” ☺ Maybe we make too many spiritual jokes because we can’t evangelize directly and they couldn’t hear us anyway.

During group game time, all of my students started showing me their appreciation – and I also experienced that in reading some of their speeches – they think I am kind. One wrote, “Sometimes, he gets angry. But he tells us “Good Job” and that makes us feel better.” And we had good team bonding, though we are probably in last place after today (getting the worst grades on the idiom test didn’t really bode well for us either). But it’s cool.

We went to Stu’s house for dinner tonight. He is a fellow teacher we’ve been teaching with since our first week. We had grilled chicken, pork, and hamburgers, Can someboday give the Lord a shout of praise?!?! Hallelujah! It was positively glorious. Eric pulled me into the inflatable pool on the roof with my shirt on…and then he pulled Amanda in with a dress on. I think she was the unhappier one out of the two of us.

After we left, we went to the rally and I played all Disney songs. They tried to (very unsuccessfully) run a game of Steal the Bacon. Royal Rangers has trained me well in the game of ‘Steal the Bacon’ and it failed on every level tonight. Eric walked over to the sound booth saying “I HATE THIS GAME!” lol.

Had a great talk later with Eric and Dan about the dreams that the Lord is giving Dan. I’m eager to see where he ends up.

Finished Amos tonight. I have like 4 minor prophets to read tomorrow.

That’s all. Woohoo!

No comments: