Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 32 & 33

Ok, so I didn’t blog yesterday. I gave in to peer pressure and went to bed instead of taking 30 minutes to outline the pretty mundane details of my day. I hope you weren’t too disappointed. Hopefully I will make up for it with a better one today.

One thing I do want to mention about yesterday – I was kind of acting like a baby. More in my head, but I really wasn’t happy that we were going to have to work over our vacation days in Seoul. And I had a pretty big attitude, and even was complaining about it to some guys in the room. Eric started reading some scripture later, and I just realized that it wasn’t really right for me to hold on to my anger. So I said, “Ok Jesus. I’m not really happy. But I love you more than being upset about this. So, the ball is in your court. If you want us to do an extra camp, I’ll do it [happily].” And ever since then, I’ve felt better. I guess it’s all about reorienting our focus, day by day, to Jesus Christ.

Today, my class owned their idiom tests. People who did poorly on the last test got 100’s on this one. We better get the ice cream party – we OWNED that test. And here, that means I’m a GOOD TEACHER! YEAAAA!

We had fun later- writing stories about traveling to outer space. Grammar was frustrating, but it was present progressive. English has so many exceptions to every rule. Ugh. They caught on quickly, it’s just hard to explain all the exceptions and the reasons why.

Tonight for the rally, (oh, last night was Hawaiian night – very interesting. We did the hula and hot potato/pineapple for an hour – no idea how that lasted as long as they did). Tonight was our last night rally, and we played the balloon game (tied to shoes), and shuffle your buns, which actually turned out to be pretty fun. Face painting took an eternity. And as a Children’s Pastor, make a mental note, NEVER give kids balloons when trying to preach the gospel message. Christy did a good job of explaining how the love of God compels us to reach others – it’s why we are here. And we want them to know that love. I was praying during the whole thing – in the beginning the translator was kind of goofing off, but he got serious when Christy was serious. It went well.

Tonight during devotions, I realized I want to have joy, in each and every circumstance. Finding that joy and fighting for joy. When I reflect on what God has done in me, and taught me during this trip, I realize that fighting for joy is probably one thing I definitely want to commit to do during my pastorate.

Ok, that’s about it for tonight. I’m so tired. Have a good day everyone.

No comments: