Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 28

There’s an old song that goes something like, “Lord, Don’t Call Me to Africa.” And today, I really wanted to change the name to “Lord, Don’t Call Me to Korea.”

The Lord is stretching me. In ways I am not fond of stretching, nor in ways that I thought were possible to stretch. He likes doing that though, I think.

Ok, so I didn’t go to bed til like 2am last night, and then woke up several times throughout the night and could not fall asleep because I had some pretty significant pain in my spine. I think it is a pinched nerve. And I just couldn’t sleep in any position that was comfortable. It was not a good way to start the day. I probably got one, maybe two hours of sleep.

I talked to Leah a little later today, and I got some drugs to help relax the muscles around the spine and icy hot and junk and spent the morning trying to get better. It helped a little. Went to lunch after a long morning of attempted napping and stuff. Teaching in the afternoon was a lot of fun, actually. All we really did was prepare for the parent’s night tonight. The kids were really sad that “teacher was so sick.” It really didn’t stop them from talking up a storm, or having a FIELD DAY when it started to pour. They were just distracted. However, Parent’s Night turned out really well – they did their speeches and we played an idiom game and I praised each student separately in front of their parents. I’m not sure how much they really understood, but that’s ok. It took an hour.

Pray for us. Today has been rough not only from the pain in my spine/neck, but there seems to be confusion over the communication over when our contracts end with the college here. This won’t affect when I fly out, but pretty much if I get any days off before we leave to sightsee/buy souvenirs. It’s kind of stressful for all of us to be told today we’re actually working an extra camp that we didn’t plan on. So, we’re serving Jesus, seeking Him, and relying on his strength so we (I, in particular) don’t stress and get premature heart disease.

Lord, you can call me to Korea, if you so desire. Because I love you more than I might be frustrated with Korea today. And that’s what matters.

Please pray for my neck/back. It still is giving me pain as I write tonight.

No comments: