Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 24

Hello USA people. Today was good. I’m trying to remember what exactly. Nothing too eventful. I taught English. Most of the day. Then I worked the art station and had them make headlines and illustrations about what they liked about English Camp. They flattered Amanda and I, as we were their judges. My team told Amanda that she was a great dancer and that I was very handsome. They didn’t win though because the other team owned them with better pictures. We also snuck up to the cooking station and scored some Grilled Cheese – SANTO! It was so good!

We had devotions. I shared from Hebrews 12:1-3: Persevering, and fixing our eyes always on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith. Such powerful, timely words. We also spend some time encouraging each other.

Oh, another thing I thought about today. Daniel, and his friends had to face culture shock too – and with the Lord’s help, the succeeded, so much so that they were promoted to government positions even while being foreigners. That’s awesome. Another thing I thought about today with that story is that Daniel and his three friends asked to be put on a special diet. Obviously, this had to do with their dietary restrictions that the Lord gave the Israelites. But I wondered – wouldn’t most of the people Daniel was with have also been Israelites? And yet we’re only told Daniel and his friends asked to abide by it? I want to be one who serves Jesus even when other people who supposedly do fall by the wayside. Anyway, just something to think about…

Played an obstacle course tonight. I got to play some electronic music I never thought I’d listen to when I got it for free off iTunes…now those free singles of the week are coming in handy! Also played “Duel of the Fates” from Star Wars – some of the kids told me “Teacher! Play different music – this music is scary and we don’t like opera!” Haha.

Thank God for Eric Billstone. He is a man of God and I am honored to be working with him. He’s sound and grounded and I don’t know how sane I’d be if he wasn’t my roommate while I was here.

Prayer Request: Lindsay and Dan start a new camp tomorrow for Japanese students. These are students who weren’t good enough to study at universities in the United States, so they’re going to a Mormon camp in Utah after this camp for a year – pray that the Word of Truth would be presented to them and the Holy Spirit would open a door for Dan and Lindsay to share their faith in the next two weeks with these students.

Thanks about it. Shalom. From Korea.

No comments: