Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 10

So today was awesome.  Great end of the weekend.  The service didn't start until "10am" so I got to sleep until 9:30am....GLORIOUS!  But another thing I should tell you about Thai culture, if i haven't already, is that when things are supposed to start at 10am, it means they really can start any time up to 10:59 and not be late.  11 is late.  So of course the service didn't start at 10.  I was like one of the first ones there when I came in at 10 am.  But then when everyone was there, we realized we needed to pack our room up, so we had to go do that.

Eventually...the service started.  It was good.  The Holy Spirit really moved and at one point all of the people there were on their knees just seeking the Lord.  They sang "Shout To The Lord" (I get really happy when anything relates to my culture.  If I see a white person on the street, or I hear a Maroon 5 song on the radio, or hear a worship song that I know, I get pretty ridiculously happy!)  Anyway, the rest of the service went good.  We had to sing some closing unity song after testimonies at the end where we held hands and sang.

After church, we had our last meal, and we talked about the itineration process with Alan.  Again, I got so much insight into the process.  He is just awesome to talk with.  We visited the history of itineration in Christian circles which helped me understand why we do it this way now.  Lunch was good.  There were these really weird noodles and I'm not quite sure if they were noodles or like intestines or something so I didn't ask and didn't eat too many of them.  But the seafood fried rice was delicious.  I loaded up on that.

We then had a 4 hour ride back to Bangkok.  I had some good prayer about the next step in my life after this summer, and then Alan started asking me about it, so we had good conversation about that.  Then we had to stop at the rest stop, and we met up with Bei and Wan, coming back from their retreat.  We decided to ride back with them, because they had more room.  Turns out, a lady from their church's son attempted to kill himself, so there was this huge thing because she didn't know, and then the missionary had to go to the hospital when we got back with her, and it was this huge thing.  We're still praying for her son - he's in the ICU.

Gabe and I went over to be with Lynette on Mother's Day while Alan was at the hospital, and we ordered Burger King, and then learned how to play "El Grande," yet another awesome strategy game.  I think I'm going to buy some of these for playing this summer on tour.  Anyway, we played a whole round of that with Alan after he got back, and then we came back here and I called my mom via Skype on Mother's Day and now I'm blogging about it.  All is well.  The Lord is good.  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: