Today was really cool. Except I didn't know that I was playing at two services, a morning and an afternoon service. Or that the missionary and the other intern were going to a separate church service. Luckily the pastor's wife speaks English pretty well, so I wasn't completely alone. Both services were fun. I kind of liked the minor worship set. Lunch was good. They were worried I would not like the food - False. It was amazing. I love Thai food.
We went to teach English today at the first place I ever taught. I got to teach an individual group today by myself, and we worked on conversational English. Today we talked about favorites and occupations and basic conversational skills. It was awesome and I really enjoyed it. And these adults who are taking the class are very excited about it and they work really hard at it. The whole atmosphere in this community is awesome. We have built such a good trust with even the people in the Mosque, and I'm really excited to hear news about what happens after I leave.
We got a REALLY good dinner after teaching tonight (oh, and i forgot. It's been raining cats and dogs here and I got soaked just walking to teach tonight). Jeremy and Ashley are awesome, and we had really good dinner conversation. I think Asia Pacific would be a great place to serve on the field, especially with all these awesome connections. I'm still praying about it - God can direct me as He sees fit.
We did some slum visitation tonight too. One of the ladies we visited took in this kid who has this problem where he gets oozing wounds on his body and both of his parents abandoned him. And this lady, not being a Christian, takes him into her own home and raises him as a son. There are so many things I need to learn about love. These slum people teach me so much.
Tomorrow is another full day and I've been blogging since forever so I'm out for the night. Blessings from Bangkok.
No comments:
Post a Comment