Anyway, so we got up, did devos and prayer, and headed for the office. Now, let me take this time to enlighten you about taking a taxi in Bangkok. It's a thrill ride everytime. Because taxi drivers in Bangkok are much more fearless than those in New York City, and they FLY fearlessly between lanes and almost run into each other or the motor taxis. Found out today that they don't even have to pass a driver's test - they can pay for their license (kind of like I did when I lost it - then found it at HOME a few days later).
Today in the office we did work for the "dream syllabus" again and then I researched missions in the 21st century using a few of Alan's texts. We took a break from lunch and I got sticky rice and "lob." Lob, which I just learned, is actually pig intestine. Gross. It was actually really good though. You make a ball with the sticky rice and then use it to scoop out the meat and put it in your mouth. It's a little spicy but it's pretty good overall. I don't want to think about what it is. It's like all the meat here - don't ask about it. Oh, also had a banana-pineapple smoothie for like less than 50 cents american money. Yeah, take that. More reading after lunch. Not much to report on.
We went out for dinner to a Lebanese restaurant for Deborah's last night in Bangkok. She's an itnern from SAGU. It was good food - we had hummus...and them some other middle eastern things to eat. I don't remember their names. It's not like you really care either. Ha. Good food - good fellowship...OOOH and we got ice cream cones from McDonalds for 7 bot...which is like...20 cents. Hallesanto!
Came back to the missionary apartment and played Cities and Knights AGAIN and I DID NOT WIN AND I HAD A HORRIBLE GAME! lol. It was seriously bad. And it was a 2 and a half hour game, and in the first 30 minutes I knew I was not going to win. So, yeah. But we had fun with Jeremy and Ashley, the Book of Hope/OneHope missionaries. I took a picture of the game board. It's one of the few pictures I have from here on my camera so far.
Came back. Refused to blog. So I'm blogging a day later about May 6. Oh well. It was good. I love Thailand. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment