Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 14

I watched a video today that tied into my devotions.  It was about God chiseling away at our lives to make us into the masterpieces that He created us to be.  It was really powerful.  It was a God-Man conversation.  At one point, the man was like, "Lord I just feel like I've let you down."  God was like, "Wrong.  You do not hold me up.  I hold YOU up."  It really spoke to me a lot.  I pondered it throughout the day.

We went on a prayer walk today of the surrounding areas and slums.  It was a good time to intercede for the local people, to stop and make connections with them, and to let God speak to me.  I am going to start doing that more - just spending time walking around and praying.  Maybe at camp this summer is a good time to start.

Alan, Gabe, and I had a good world-view session today again on the life of a missionary and spiritual aspects as well as practical steps in cross-cultural ministry.  So much better than any missions class - so much more practice and not theory.  

We had a teaching gig again this evening.  It entertains me.  Overwhelms me a little.  But thanks to all these years of children's ministry, I know how to keep children entertained.  It's funny to see Gabe's eyes open wide when he doesn't know what to do next.  We went over a lot today - parts of the body, counting to 10, standard greetings, and school supplies.  They still love Father Abraham.  I'm kind of stoked we're teaching Buddhists and Muslims about Father Abraham.  I guess Abraham fathered Ishmael, so we're not blatantly proclaiming Christianity.  Mwahaha.

Ate spaghetti tonight for dinner, and ice cream afterwards.  Taxis in the rain, and uploading pictures on facebook.

I love Thailand.  Don't want to leave.

Here's a link to some pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2013152&id=123001029&l=a3b229ab14

No comments: