Today, we got ALOT accomplished in the office. I mean, A LOT. My job was to organize, classify, and file all these articles on church growth, church planting, leadership, Buddhism, Thai Buddhism, Church Planting in Thailand, Thai Church History...etc. I am so surprised at how much research these missionaries have done into reaching this culture. It is truly amazing how much effort and time they have put into the ministry here. They are some of the brightest minds I've ever met, and I can't believe all the statistics and articles they've written or researched on this land. These guys are seriously some of the best of the best. What I did read of the articles, I was very impressed with. From planting and organizing Bible School cirriculum, to setting up Pastoral Mentoring Programs, to demographic studies in Buddhism to all the newspaper articles I had to file - it really impressed me.
Random food note (because I LOVE FOOD): Chicken Fried Rice today - excellent.
We worked a long day (from 9-5). I got all the binders organized and all the loose ends tied up in that office, and I'm really proud of it. It is some amazing work and it looks a lot better now. I know it will benefit all these missionaries who need to consult these files or pull up case studies or statistics about Thai church growth. I felt really good about it.
We came back to the house and had dinner with Al & Lynette - some American relief - chicken taco cassarole or something to that effect and unwound for the day, recapping some stuff. I had an evaluation with Alan for my "midterm" and we went over more missionary-related Q & A. It again, was very good.
I came back to the house, totally saturated with knowledge and wisdom, had a Kidstuf brainstorming session via Skype, and got to bed a little late. Life is awesome. I think Chosen can do without me and I can stay here all summer. Seriously. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment