Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 10

Sometimes, you have one of those days. I don't know how you personally define "one of those days," but today was "one of those days." Not bad necessarily, but just...sigh. One of those days.

Had breakfast this morning - egg and ham sandwiches, rice, some kind of round cake thing, noodles, and something else that I forget. I eat a lot. All the time. This has to end.

We went to the church today and worked on the schedule for the week. We aren't the most organized this week, this being the first time the church is offering this camp. It sometimes gets a little frustrating working in the abstract realm (I tend to be more of a concrete thinker), but it's a streching experience, and that's what missions trips are all about. Lots of hours of planning. And THEN...

We took a tour of a chicken processing factory. Right before lunch. That's right, ladies and gentlemen. We got to see live chickens be put onto a system/conveyor belt thing, and learned the process of how they're killed, bleed out, their inedible parts are removed, they are feathered, cleaned, gutted, frozen, processed, and packaged. Right before we had chicken for lunch. lol. Lunch was good though - I still enjoyed it. Just a little unsettling to see Chicken Little right before kicking and screaming going into the plant.

More work and more planning followed lunch, and then we had a team meeting where we just touched base and worshipped for a little bit. I think all of us needed that today. We went to the amazing Italian Restaurant for dinner. I ate a little less at lunch so I could save room for dinner tonight - aMAZING! I feel like I never stop eating all these places. Then we walked around downtown Iksan for an hour and a half, checking out stores, and discussing the contemporary church, world missions, and hunger for the Lord. I didn't really talk a lot during all of this, just kind of soaked in other people's opinions/thoughts.

Bible Study, Hymn, Eric making fun of me, Blogging, Bed. And finished Proverbs. Which rocked my world.

No comments: