Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 13

I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas. Seriously. Because when I awoke this morning after sharing a single bed with Eric and not being able move at all, the absolute wish of my heart was to have a snow day. We both just did NOT want to get up at all. So the cry of our hearts this morning was put to the song of “White Christmas.” A cold shower later, and we were walking down the mountain, because the bus got stuck in the mud coming up the mountain to get us. So after walking for ten minutes, we found the bus, and we tried to push it out. It did not move. All of the sudden, a bulldozer showed up and that pulled us out. Definitely quite a memory for this trip.

Showed up at the church with ten minutes to prep for teaching three hours before lunch. Taught the creation story (had them draw all the days and what they stood for), adjectives (which I don’t really think I got through or explained well enough) and compound words (which I owned). Some parents complained yesterday that we had Korean helpers in the rooms, so they were banned from helping us today. Not easy to explain what adjectives are if you can’t explain it in their language and they don’t understand English.

Lunchtime came soon enough – we had “Korean BBQ” which is where you wrap the meat in the leaves and stuff. Then I had a strawberry smoothie, which is amazing God breathed and God poured goodness. Went back up and taught the kids conversation skills, and then ran the conversational room on Sunday School. After that, I ran a room on worship and taught them “One Way Jesus.” Aubrey helped me.

Then I got a little sick and spent some quality time in the bathroom (I know you really wanted to know that). After that, I cleaned my room before my kids came back to homeroom. Ate a freezepop sometime throughout the afternoon.

Best quote of the day, in asking kids about their favorite Bible Stories:

“Oh! Adam and Eve is your favorite story. Can you tell me what happened to Eve?”

“She died.”

LOL. Came back to the retreat center after a dinner of bagels and pastries (they heard some of the boys wanted bagels and such). Finished reading my book, Eric and I took a nap, and then I did some catch up work in Isaiah and planned for tomorrow, talked to Bin, ate some fried Korean Chicken, some more laughs and stuff, and went to bed.

PS. Find kids who are anointed, and pour into them. Not that you ignore the other ones - but be intentional about who you invest time in. And make sure you DO invest. You never know the results.

No comments: