Today was full of good moments that are sure to make you laugh. Just twenty minutes ago, as I was desperately trying to finish Jeremiah, I exclaimed, "OH CMON JEREMIAH! DID YOU HAVE TO BE SO LONG WINDED?! You're worse than Luke!" My roommates burst out laughing at the absurdity of my comments. I guess it's not really very nice to criticize the Biblical original authors. Dan says that Jeremiah had no real future, so he's allowed to whine and complain with as many poetic images as he wants. I guess he's write. But I would have better said it like this. Edom, Babylon, and all you other guys....You're dead. Maybe not today, but watch your back. You're going down. That could fit in one text message. Jeremiah, you really should get with the 21st century lingo and technology. haha.
Today i also was trying to demonstrate how not to play the Wii when snowboarding, and ended up slamming my skull into a child's skull, and guess whose skull was harder? I made a 12 year old bawl. I gave his team five points because I felt really bad. It was also my team, so I think really all things do work out for the good, haha. (It was an accident though - if I didn't make that clear).
Taught kids how to turn sentences into questions, and then introduced how to use interrogatives. Talked about the fall too, and taught the last idioms. They have a test tomorrow.
I don't ever know when teachers pee during the day. But Koreans never ever drink water, or anything else for that matter. Apparently drinking during a meal is bad for your digestion. They drink like a little shot glass cup of water at every meal and are good. I look like a nerd lugging around a huge water bottle thing (that my mom made me bring - she got it at the goodwill for 97 cents - and I'm glad she made me bring it). Dinner looked nasty tonight, so I ate 2/3 of a bag of ChexMix. Make a note: Josh Rowand likes ChexMix (when you want to send me packages when I am living all alone on the Jersey missions field). We also had pizza later with the Korean Program Assistants. Korean-American pizza isn't half bad. Better than Korean pizza, although i don't mind that either. It just looks nothing like an American pizza. It's like egg and seaweed and octopi legs I think. Very different.
I finished Jeremiah. And hopefully Lamentations before I go to bed. And you can keep Eric in prayer - and me too. I had to push him around in a wheelchair all day bc he's still taking it easy on his knee. I don't know who has it worse, haha. Team devos are going great, and team spirits are high. WHOAAAAA, we're halfway there...WHOAAAAA Livin' on a Prayer...
Goodnight. From JeonJu.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment