Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 15

Last night I got to share the bed with Bin instead of Eric. We also went to bed two hours earlier than usual. Let me tell you – best sleep of this trip. Bin is a little smaller than Eric, so I had space to breathe, though sometimes I was falling in the crack between the bed and the wall. It’s okay though – woke up feeling well rested, although none of us emerged from the bed til a half hour after the alarm first went off. Packed up all our stuff, ate some breakfast, and headed in an overpacked bus down the mountain. I don’t think I got any pictures of it though, sadly. Anyway, it’s always a fun bus ride, packed full of people. I had Bin, Eric, and the missionary’s daughter next to us today. Eric had a GREAT time entertaining her.

Today I taught homonyms, worked on writing prompts, and did activity pages to take up time because I didn’t really know what else to do. I’m getting really good at teaching homonyms. We also wrote about what we would do with 1 million won. Some kids are thrifty like me and only bought affordable stuff with their 1 million won. But I guess that really is only about 1,000 US dollars. We did word searches, a parts of the body quiz, and other things.

Curry for lunch. Loved it, but curry here is not exactly like curry in America, and it moves through my system like 4x as fast here. I had the music objective shuffle thing, and I taught them all “Not Forgotten” – Hillsong Kids. So much fun. For the little ones, I also did Father Abraham, Rainbow, and This is the Day. My voice hurts now.

After the two musical objectives, we had a ceremony/talent show to close the camp. All the classes had to present their Bible Stories and/or a song. My class did both. After narrating the seven days of creation, we sang a song about it (for the tune, see yesterday’s post.) Amanda and I also led Not Forgotten, and the teachers all sang “Wrap Me In Your Arms.” Thought it was a little stressful at first because there was practically no communication to us about how this ceremony was to be run, we all flowed with it (flexibility does the heart good on missions trips).

I got about 25 pictures taken with kids after the ceremony, and I only had about 12 students. It was ridiculous. And my camera was in the room. I’m such a great tourist, I know. I signed about 20 autographs and camp certificates too. It was like I was one of the characters at Disney world. I was also a sweaty mess – first from song time earlier, and then doing Not Forgotten in front of everyone. So maybe it’s a good thing that I don’t have copies of those photos.

Loved this week. Though it wasn’t very organized (worse than last week), I had fun with the kids. And I definitely realized that Children’s Ministry is where I’m supposed to be. Kind of cool. Even though I’m becoming a Children’s Pastor after this, it’s just nice to know I’m walking in the direction. God confirms his plans in several different ways – and it’s nice to see something so general again confirming what I’m supposed to be doing right now.

Had dinner in the café, headed to the university where we’ll be staying for the next three weeks. Also learned today that we’re not going to be teaching together for the next three weeks? That’s going to be interesting. Went out walking later in the night with the gang – got this really good steak toast sandwich thing. Waiting on my laundry forever and almost fell asleep writing this post and waiting for it to be dry.

No comments: