Wake in the morning feeling like a cool kid who slept on a mattress with hard little heating coil things. In very hot sticky weather. With Eric hogging the fan. haha. When I realized this last night, I said, "Eric, you put that fan on rotate NOW!" He didn't. Lol. Anyway, got a shower this morning and had breakfast. Oh my word I'm eating so much over here my stomach hates me practically all the time because it can't handle how much food I have to eat. We had jelly noodles (I call them that because they are clear and squishy), diced/sliced/somehow chopped up nice potatoes, a huge bowl of sticky rice, and soup. I'm telling you I'm coming home 15 pounds heavier. As I write this I feel like I can't move at all. More about that later.
Got to church for the English service. Amanda and I sang "How Great is our God" - rocked it out. I forgot she can sing like none other, and I did harmony - so legit. SO LEGIT. Closed with an acapella version of "How Great Thou Art" - I'm telling you people, it was awesome. Service went well - Dan shared in the English Zone about his trip to Israel, and then we had crackers afterwards for fellowship.
Went to worship practice for next week with Amanda and David and the rest of the Koreans. Practiced for about an hour. The worship leader is really good and really efficient. I learned from watching her. After practice, we went to the cafeteria (in the huge church complex). We ate food. I don't remember what it was. Tonight I am not motivated at all to write this blog. So it might be more brief.
We stayed at the church all afternoon. We had meetings, smoothies, more meetings, and really got nothing accomplished, but that's culture. You go with it. I read a lot of the Bible - and yet by Monday I'm supposed to be starting Isaiah, and I'm still mid-Proverbs. It's like the little engine that could...i think i can i think i can...and I will catch up...eventually.
We sang again for the night service - but with the whole team. It was crazy. We probably sang in front of 600 people minimum. And now everyone I meet talks to me about "piano." Because that's who I am. The Piano Man.
We ate dinner at the church too. No new foods that you haven't heard of before. I am getting fat. After church, we went to Paris Baguette where I got more food, and we ate that along with Orange Juice and Mulberry Juice (the latter of which I never want to have again in my adult life). More food. More fatness. More me saying "Oh my stomach."
Ok, I have been writing this post for like a good three hours. And haven't really said anything. So - singing in first service awesome. Singing in second service = really awesome. Anything else? I don't know. I'm too tired.
Thank you for reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment