Woke up first this morning and washed my hair since I showered last night. Read some of Jeremiah. And then I walked to staff meeting. Ok, this part was really weird. Because as I was walking across the campus of JeonJu University with my shoulder bag hanging off my shoulder, my mind drifted back to my first semester at Valley Forge, where I was making those same confident strides walking across the campus to some early morning class. Completely different moments at different times in my life, and I felt the same. Kind of. It’s so weird. Four years ago I was walking across a college campus as a freshman. Today I’m walking across a campus at a Korean University as a paid English teacher. Weirder? I’m about to become a full-time children’s pastor. Do I feel more spiritual than I did then? Or more qualified for Jesus to use me? Not really. But one thought remains the same, in both walks. I’m enjoying Jesus, and the journey.
Not much else to say. Teaching today was challenging, as always. Had to teach present and past tense, in addition to teaching about seasons and spring, and idioms and reading books and poems. The poem portion really did not go over so well. Ahh, what can you do but move on?
We ate meals, we had a night rally (where we did this skit about making kimchi with a director and had to do it like 8x – fast, slow, laughing, crying, in Spanish, as Kung Fu Fighters, and in opera. I laughed so hard. We had a blast. Also thru in the Cha Cha slide, the egg-chicken-dead chicken-fried chicken game, and the YMCA. Oh, and they had to eat a watermelon through a stocking over their face. And government officials were there to observe us. It was a blast.
Eric hurt his knee tonight. He’s going to go to the hospital tomorrow. Please keep him in prayer – I know he is in pain and a hospital visit in a foreign country isn’t the most comforting thing I would like to be doing.
Biggest thing I came to peace with today – I’m exactly where God wants me to be. I’m right in the center of his plan, and I think I’ve been there all along. I’m excited for where I’ve been (four years at VFCC), where I am now (JeonJu, Korea), and where God’s taking me when I get home (Bridgewater, NJ). And I’m enjoying Jesus today, as well as the journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment